Debating resources for KS3-5 that can be used across the curriculum. They're great for Parliament Week as well as throughout the rest of the year.
Learning to debate helps to equip students for a life that will be filled with challenging decisions. This pack is full of ideas to encourage debating in secondary schools, ideas that you can adapt and develop to fit your situation and to help students:
- Form opinions
- Justify their viewpoints
- Listen to and learn from others
- Understand how different types of debate work
- Learn about Parliamentary debating – and try it out!
- Take part in Parliament Week in November
Across the curriculum
Debating can be a powerful learning tool for:
- Politics and Government
- BTEC Public services
- Extra-curricular activities such as debating clubs and competitions
The Create the Debate pack has been produced by Parliament’s Education Service with help from the UK Youth Parliament and BBC Three’s Free Speech.